Google Offers ‘Show More Results’ (Video)

by PotPieGirl on August 12, 2009 · 14 comments

Google Is Now Showing More Expanded Results From One Website

As usual, I was poking around Google last night and I cam across something I’ve never seen before on page one of the Google SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages). While Google has always offered to show more results for a website (that opens in a new Google search), this new option allows a searcher to click and expand to see more results from one website on the first page. This is cool! Watch this video and I’ll show you what I am talking about.

More Results From One Website Being Shown By Google

Ya know how when you’d search for your keyword, or just do a casual search on Google, that the first page would show only one, maybe two pages, from one website?

Well that’s all changed.

Take a look at the new Google search option:

note: It’s a little easier to see the results I am showing if you watch the video in full screen mode (its an option on the bottom right of the video player)

As I said in the video about the new expanded Google search results, I had a hard time forcing this to come up for search queries. I had to poke around and see where it came up. As you also saw in the video, just the change from the word “your” to the word “a” changed the “show more results from” expanded results option (ie, it was no longer available).

Personally I think this will not only be a great enhancement to the user experience for Google searchers, but I think this is an awesome way to offer more relevant pages from one website on the first page of Google search results.

What are your thoughts about this new Google search results option?

Courtney August 12, 2009 at 9:13 pm

Hooray! What a wonderful change. I’m so glad you pay attention and stay on top of these Google changes, and thanks for sharing.

Annette August 12, 2009 at 9:38 pm

From your email watch this video – googles new option. No video, did not play could not locate it on your page. Like where?

PotPieGirl August 12, 2009 at 9:42 pm

Hi Annette =)

Not sure why you aren’t seeing the video on this page, but it must be your browser settings.

There is a text link to the video on YouTube (right under where the video should be for you).

You can also watch the video about the new Google search option here on YouTube by clicking here

Beaman the Interiors Chap August 12, 2009 at 10:11 pm

Fascinating post and video (it works for me by the way). It’ll be interesting to see how this impacts on my site’s visitor numbers. Not only that, it will be more beneficial as a searcher (surfer) myself.

Richard August 13, 2009 at 9:50 am

Thanks for heads up on Google site extension idea. I guess Google loves somebody sometime with its free traffic love. Accordingly good content gets results and you must be happy with that. Have a good day Pot Pie Girl.

Paul August 13, 2009 at 1:47 pm

Jennifer;
What do you think about Google’s wonder wheel?
I was thinking that you could enter a term then wonder wheel down to a term that had the right amount of pages and still would be directly related to your beggining search term. Does any of that make sense?

Charles August 13, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Thanks for keeping us all updated on this Google stuff. As a newbie It helps to know what is the latest trend out there and how I can uitlize it fully. Thanks for all your help. It is truly appreciated. By the way I left you a note on your squidoo page ” How to Learn Salsa Dancing under my username taomeano.

Ron Passfield August 13, 2009 at 6:54 pm

Informative post Jennifer. I searched for my name and Google offered more Squidoo page results (6 pages initially which expanded to 313 pages – with all my lenses plus Twitter tweets by others about me or my lenses). I’m not sure how Google decided what six pages to display in the first instance (it’s not by lensrank). Google also offered more pages for my e-porfolio (www.ronpassfield.com) – basically showing the key areas of competence, which is great when you want to display your competence profile.

Re: Paul on the Google WonderWheel

I love this tool and I think it is great for showing keyword relationships and enabling deeper keyword research. In some sense. it visually displays Google’s semantic indexing.

Udegbunam Chukwudi August 17, 2009 at 6:30 am

Read this post and went straight to google “strictly online biz” without the quotes and there was my site in the no 1 and 2 spot with my blog having the option to see more results. In as much as it looks nice, I’m still puzzled as to what use it is anyway. Does it in anyway affect my position in the SERPs? I’m simply puzzled.

J Surrey August 17, 2009 at 8:54 pm

Had a problem watching the video, but i know what you need i noticed it the other day as well. it brings all sorts of possibilitys.

bisnis internet August 20, 2009 at 3:32 am

I heard that google will launch new search method google caffein.

David

Tenerife Mortgage Broker August 24, 2009 at 7:03 pm

I just cam here after looknig for an explanation of this new feature.
It has just recently popped up in the search results for “tenerife mortgages” which is my niche.
It links to a lot of different pages on my site.
Does it have anything to do with authority though?
I read elsewhere that people have seen these on fairly new domains too,
Could they be a prelude to gaining sitelinks in the SERPS?

Rick Roof Racks September 15, 2009 at 3:32 pm

I do not think that there will be much pressure for Google to head in this direction. With the current site search offered in many websites I do not think Goog will push hard this direction.