Internet Marketing Mom April 15, 2008 at 4:29 pm

wow, that is amazing. It seems like twitter is all over the place right now. I can’t seem to get away from it!!! It seems weird to me that people would pay that, people can so easily just stop following you. I mean, I know the people I follow ~ like you~ it’s because I know them, like them and learn from them. If you sold your twitter account and all the sudden I’m getting random twitter messages from someone other than you I would just stop following. Doesn’t quite seem worth it to me. did you see a guy bought one man’s goal for 10K? I think it’s getting a little out of control!

Jackie

admin April 15, 2008 at 6:03 pm

Jackie,

I totally agree… this is getting a bit out of control. I’m not sure how I feel about the Twitter Account auctions, but in reality, it doesn’t matter how I feel, does it? If someone sells their Twitter account and it’s one I follow, I can always drop it if I am not happy with the new owner.

I’m really curious to see how this all plays out.

Jennifer

Social SEO Guide April 16, 2008 at 4:32 pm

Not surprised. Everything is for sale now a days. Only problem with Twitter is I still don’t understand it. I just don’t get why I want some stalker knowing exactly what I am doing.

I guess, if you just use it for a few links it might be OK, but all links are no follow, except for the link in the profile.

Maybe I am missing something.

Mike

admin April 16, 2008 at 5:13 pm

Hmmm…. Looks like the listing for the auction is now gone. The auction still had 7 days, but now… POOF. Wonder if it was sold? Can you end an auction early?

admin April 16, 2008 at 5:21 pm

A-Ha… found it….

“The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale.”

Wonder what happened…anyone know?

PotPieGirl

admin April 16, 2008 at 5:32 pm

More interesting reading on this topic:

Looks like Andrew Baron changed his mind and decided to not auction off his Twitter account on eBay. From his Twitter feed (http://twitter.com/andrewbaron):

” I would never abandon you, but I could not leave you with an empty message in my place. I deleted the auction. New development forthcoming.”

Mark April 17, 2008 at 7:10 am

I hate to rain on your parade, but the auction was cancelled

admin April 17, 2008 at 11:18 am

Yup, Mark…saw that. (See my comments above yours) =)