When Will a NEW Blog Start Making $500 a Month?
Today’s Quick Tip for bloggers topic was inspired by a random question I saw asked on Facebook recently.
The general question was:
For a NEW blog, how long to earn about $500 a month or so?
Let’s dig in and take a look at earnings from my NEW blog…
[postgopher name=”500amonthQT” pid=”6986″]
First off, when it comes to how much you can earn blogging, NO ONE can, will, or SHOULD ever guarantee you any earnings in this business.
Remember, we are SELF-employed so our earnings are totally dependent on our own actions.
That said, I recently started a new blog that is a “niche” blog.
I happen to LOVE the “$500” a month number – to me, it’s THE perfect amount for a “first goal”!
Perhaps you’ve heard me talk about my $16.44 a day strategy, right?
Here’s some basic info about my new blog:
• The blog is NOT about “blogging” or anything like that – it’s just a blog with “mom tips” and “household tips” types of things.
• It was a brand new blog, new domain and I started a brand new Pinterest account for it (so I started at complete “zero” like all new bloggers do)
• I started the blog in August and the blog has about 40 posts or so.
• It’s a small site – it’s a side project for me that I work on in my spare time (which I don’t have much of… lol!)
• The blog is monetized with Google AdSense ads and Amazon affiliate links.
So, based on that question, I decided to crunch my numbers to see how much that new little blog has earned for me each month since I started it – and when it started earning me $500 a month or more.
So here’s my break down of monthly earnings:
Month 1 – 7.80
Month 2 – 32.77
Month 3 – 38.90
Month 4 – 55.95
Month 5 – 66.39
Month 6 – 461.31
Month 7 – 521.29
Month 8 – 503.26
Month 9 – 455.40
Month 10 – 826.56
(I’m now in Month 11 and it will be it’s best month yet)
Nice jump in earnings there from Month 5 to Month 6, right?? =)
You might notice that in Month 8 and Month 9 that my earnings took a dip – that’s because I test stuff and tried Google’s “Auto Ads” for my AdSense ads placements – and it was horrible.
As you can see in Month 10, I got those ad placements figured out for that blog and the ad income alone DOUBLED – and it’s even better THIS month.
If I didn’t test that other ad format, I would’ve easily been at a consistent $500 a month within 6 months.
In my opinion, and from my own experience, I think 6 months is a very reasonable amount of time to plan on hitting $500 a month – but ya gotta work at it… it’s doesn’t happen magically =)
While it’s true that I did not have the same ‘learning curve’ as someone brand new to blogging would have, I also did not have the TIME since I do SO much else online. So it kinda balances out in my mind and keeps me thinking that 6 months is a reasonable time frame and a great goal to set.
I talked more about that new blog in this case study post on my site, if you’re interested.
Have a great day!
I Need To…
– Learn Ways To Make $100 a Day From Home
– Learn How To SEO My Blog Posts
– Learn How To FIX My Pinterest Results
– Learn How To Track My Blog Posts for Better Results
– Learn How To Earn MORE From My Blog Posts
– Learn What Works NOW for Bloggers
– Learn How To START Blogging for Money
– Show Me How To Choose Keywords
– See What Tools PotPieGirl Uses